Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday Morning Again

Art & Glassworks I got up this morning and rode the scooter downtown for coffee (today's flavor special: Caramel and Creme) and a donut (custard-filled with chocolate frosting) at Central Market. I took my new delectibles outside to a bench by my scooter. During a conversation with the other occupant of the bench, it turned out that she was the was the owner of the Art & Glassworks. That is one of my usual stops when I'm browsing the 300 block of North Queen. She said that her family had just been looking at scooters. One of them was considering a Honda Metropolitan. She said that the owner of a local burrito place (I can only assume she means Senorita Burrita) is also the owner of the green Met I've seen around town. So, you riders out there, here are two pro-scooter businesses for you to support!

As I was finishing up my coffee, a couple pulled up and parked next to me. The husband came right over to me and started asking about the scooter; what brand is it, what type of brakes it had, etc.. When I told him the gas mileage, he burst out laughing. It wasn't long before his wife told him it was time to go inside and get on with their shopping. But he thanked me for talking with him.

Scooters are conversation starters!

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org