Saturday, June 16, 2007

Downtown Saturday Morning


I rode the scooter downtown this morning and did a little shopping. I parked around the outside of Central Market. I saw one other scooter rider there, a young lady on what appeared to be a green Honda Metro. Those Metros are popular. I saw a blue one on the commute home yesterday.

A lot of people were asking about the scooter. A couple people mentioned that they were considering buying one. The staff at the liquor store seemed very interested. They were particularly eager to save on parking. They said that scooters are allowed to park on the sidewalk. I'll try to confirm that.

I also stopped in at Zap & Co.. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I just enjoy the place. They are a retro store, selling vintage clothes and items, primarily from the 30's through the 60's. But I found more than I had hoped for... you see, I have been keeping an eye out for some stickers to customize the scooter. And they had a box of rock bumper stickers, new old stock, from the '80's. Looks like about '84, because they had Micheal Jackson, Def Leppard, Quiet Riot, "Frontiers"-era Journey, "Synchronicity"-era Police, and more. All in that glitter/sparkle style. So now my scooter is rockin' a genuine vintage "Zenyatta Mondatta"-style Police sticker. Don't stand so close to it!

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org