Wednesday, June 13, 2007

About Your Host


I live in the City of Lancaster and recently purchased a Yamaha C3 (that's her, to the right, parked outside of Central Market). It's a 50cc scooter, and it tops out at 40mph. I bought it to commute to work, and to ride to locations around town to save on gas and parking costs. But it's also just fun to ride.
The Mayor of Lancaster, Rick Gray, is a rider too. And he has vowed to promote scooter use in the City by asking the Parking Authority to set aside dedicated space in the nooks and crannies of City lots for scooter and motorcycle parking. It's even a goal in the City Strategic Plan: "More alternative modes of transportation are seen in the City (e.g., scooters, bikes and motorcycles)." Note, scooters are first... heh.
So, where civic duty and self-interest collide, lies this blog. I want to help myself by helping my City promote scooters.
Part of my day job is making maps. I've been making them for myself, plotting out routes I can take to avoid the big roads where people like to go faster than 40mph. And I thought others might like see them also. After all, the fun in a scooter isn't in the parking, it's in the riding!

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org