Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Real Parking News


Today I received an Email from Tom Matthews of the Lancaster Parking Authority. He said that they are, "developing spaces for scooter parking on the perimeter of the Prince Street Garage. The areas are directly off of Prince and Orange streets. These spaces will be for Scooters only. "

The areas are not in the garage, but will be covered. And, unlike the spaces inside the garage, they will be free! That's right, free parking for scooters only, in the heart of downtown Lancaster!

There is a slight inconvenience: you must acquire a sticker to use the parking. To get a sticker, you must sign a waiver absolving them of responsiblilty. I guess it must be what's in the fine print on the garage ticket (which I never read). But, hey, I'll sign a waiver and put a sticker on my scooter for more parking options.

The decals and contracts should be ready "in the next few weeks". They will let me know where and when they are available. And when I know, you'll know.

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org