Sunday, June 24, 2007

Getting Serviced



I took my scooter in for it's first service and a safety recall (a potentially leaky ring of some kind) yesterday at B&B Yamaha. While I was waiting, I looked at the scooters that they had lined up there three rows deep. They even had a gorgeous Aprilia in the back. It seems most of the salesmen there have scooters that they sometimes use for commuting.


While speaking to John, an employee there, he said that the only roads in Lancaster he wouldn't take a 50cc scooter on were 30, 283, or 222. He's ridden Rt. 501 between Lititz and Lancaster. That was encouraging. That means, with time, there is just about nowhere we couldn't go*. Still, I could see myself getting a bigger scooter, one that will do closer to 80mph, in the future. But I'd keep the little 50cc model. It's great around town. And you can't beat the gas mileage.


I was a little early for my appointment, so I did some exploring and came across Schenck's Mill Covered Bridge. Out in the country, along Shenck Road, just off of Spooky Nook Road. A nice ride. I saw a number of bicyclists out there also, including Craig, one of the owners of B&B.

*editted to add: I still think it's smart to stay off of roads on which your bike can't reach the speed limit. That's just polite.

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org