Monday, November 5, 2007

Scooters to Motards

This past Sunday was the last Ephrata First Sunday Motorcycle Rally of the year. But when they start up again in March, I urge you to go. It's held at the American Legion in Ephrata on the morning of the first Sunday of each month, March to November. They have coffee, muffins and danish for sale, but other than that, it just about people bringing their motorcycles to show off. I have never seen a ride-in that was so accepting of all types of motorcycles.

There were Harleys, of course, but also sport bikes, motards, antiques, trikes, tourers, choppers and a couple Piaggio, Honda and Suzuki maxi scooters. The riders wandered around taking pictures and striking up conversations about the wide variety of bikes. People of all ages were genuinely interested in all of the styles, not just sticking to their own segregated groups. Even my little cruiser got some looks. Its 650cc single made it unique enough to warrant some questions and a photo.

I think a lot of people were looking to decide what their next bike would be. I know I was. You can see more styles here than at any dealer. And see a variety of add-ons. I saw a yellow Kawasaki from Delaware with hard bags and a GPS unit. The Burgman 400s had radios built-in. A local man, Colin, with a green Triumph Tiger gave me a lot of good information.

If you truly like motocycles of any kind, this monthly rally is like a candy store.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FYI= I got a newsletter that included info. on the Motorcycle swap meet and motorcycle show @ the farm show complex in h-burg, Sunday Nov. 18, as an all day event. # listed to call for more info=301.336.2100 ? I really like your blog.


Scooter-Relief.org