Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's Winter Warmer Time

Yesterday I was watching Superbikes on the Speed Channel and they were in Paris, talking about scooters. They were showing people doing stunts on scooters and talking about why scooters are so prevalent in Europe. Scarce parking and congested streets make motorcycles and scooters a necessity.
Those issues are the same issues that a few are starting to complain about in Lancaster. While I maintain that those people must never have been to Philadelphia, it's true that they are a growing concern. Add in gas prices and the desire to "go green", and I think you will see more scooters downtown next year.
What's all this got to do with the title? Well, Lancaster Brewing Company makes a wonderful beer that they only brew over the winter: Winter Warmer. And as I rode my scooter home from my neighborhood brewery with a re-fillable growler filled with dark, malty micro-brew tucked under the seat, I thought, "How European!".

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org