Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Links

It's 6:48am and I'm already at work because I looked at the weather forecast at realized that if I left home right away I would beat the rain. And it's going to be sunny and 60 degrees this afternoon, so I wanted to ride.

How did I know this? Well, the links on the right side of this page! The Weather Channel Hour by Hour forecast I have found to be pretty accurate. As long as they say there is a less than 30% chance of rain, I'll ride. To watch out for that last 30%, I use the WGAL Super Doppler 8 loop. It's will show you where the rain is, and how long it will last. I used that to see that there was a band of rain coming that would hit during my normal commute time. But it was clear at the moment, so I scampered!

By the way, I noticed that the Gas Buddy link wasn't working for the Z level I had it set to, so I've adjusted it. That is getting more interesting to watch. I hear that for the first time gas prices are lower in Philly than here, because of the ethanol they mix in. Ethanol is overstocked right now, making it cheap.

It's raining now. I win!

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org