Monday, January 12, 2009

New Hondas

I was at the Washington DC Motorcycle Expo yesterday. Honda had the largest display area there. The new DN-01 was there and I sat on it. The DN-01 is a motorcycle with an automatic transmission.


Impressions? Meh. It's a crusier. The seating position is reclined. The thing needs a backrest.
The handlebars are drawn too far back for me. I'm not really sure to whom this will appeal, and for a radical new model, it wasn't getting much interest at the show. Meanwhile, there was a huge crowd around the two Goldwings.


There is a rumor floating around that Honda is coming out with a new 150cc scooter. I asked the representatives there about that, and they confirmed that Honda will indeed be bringing a new mid-range scooter to the American market soon. They said to check with your dealer in a month or two for details.

2 comments:

Scootin' Fool said...

The DN-01 gets marks for lookin' freaky...but that's about it. For the price, it just ain't worth it. You can get a faster cruiser for much less and learning to use a manual transmission isn't all that difficult.

Steve said...

Yep, I don't get it either. I'm not sure what market research they did when they came up with this. I do feel there is a group of aging boomers out there that is looking for an easy entry into motorcycling, but this ain't it. Too bad.


Scooter-Relief.org