Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Harley Mentality

As a side note to the previous entry, I'll relate this story:

Cute, eh?At the Washington D.C. Expo, I was looking at the scooter pavillion, which was right next to the Harley-Davidson exhibit. I was looking at this Genuine Buddy Saint-Tropez, when three doughy, greying, middle-aged men wandered across the aisle. One of them sat down on Buddy and said, "Hey, we should each get one of these!" His companion replied, "Yeah, and we should all put rainbow stickers on our bumpers."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks that some people stereotype scooter riders. I ride a Vespa GTS AND a Harley Softail, and I love riding them both for their own different personalities. As someone who rides both, I can tell you that Harley riders get stereotyped just as much as scooter riders. Just something to watch out for in the future.

Jeremy Z said...

It is a shame. Well all have our stereo types.

It is interesting to see it in action. I too, straddle two "genres" of bikes.

For one bike, I have a Burgman 400. For the other, I have a Yamaha FJR1300.

When I ride the Burgman, groups of teenage boys point & laugh. If they had more time to think of it, they would taunt me and throw things.

When I ride the FJR, the same teenage boys either give me thumbs-up or give me the "do a wheelie" gesture.

Thinking back to when I was that age, I would have never done that. Whether it was a scooter, a Japanese bike, or a Harley, I would just stare, green with envy.

Kids are assholes these days. The parents aren't doing their job, or something.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!


Scooter-Relief.org