Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Vespa Dealer!

No, still not in Lancaster. This one is in Lebanon. Vespa Lebanon is on the grounds of Ebersole Truck Center. They sell American trucks and Italian scooters: nearly opposite ends of the vehicle spectrum. Yes, they are aware of the irony, thank you. Their address is 2014 West Cumberland Street, Lebanon. That's on Rt. 422. Telephone:717/274-8675. They are open weekdays until 7pm, so there is enough time to check them out after work. Their website isn't active yet, so for now they are rockin' a MySpace page.


They have been open only for about a month and are still stocking the accessories. But scooters are already flying out the door. The MP3's especially seem to be big sellers.


I heard about them when Janet, otherwise known as "Nettie" from the Three Mile Island Scooter Club, Emailed me about the new shop. She works there as a Sales Representative. She says that the Vespa shop is a scooters-only showroom operated by people who want to create an alternative to the "motorsports center". If you are looking for a scooter and you aren't interested in being up-sold to a liter-bike, this is the place for you. (Don't be fooled by the red motorcycle in the picture.... that's mine. Lebanon's a bit far on 50cc!)


Nettie at Vespa Lebanon

Nettie says that they are looking to serve Lebanon, Lancaster, and Dauphin Counties. She asked me if I knew of any scooter clubs on the East side of the Susquehanna (York and TMISC serving the West side). I said I didn't know of any formal clubs, but I passed on what I know about the scene. I think that the density of scooterists is reaching a critical mass, and we are ready for a scooter club over here on the fallout side of the island. If you are interested in getting something organized, Email Nettie or myself.

1 comment:

Scootin' Fool said...

Dude...Wanna start a club?

LOL


Scooter-Relief.org