Monday, August 4, 2008

Ephrata Ride-In August


The ride was great fun. The weather was fantastic and the scenery was beautiful. Unfortunately, Drew and guest didn't make it. I hope I wasn't too vague about the meeting point. Sorry if we missed you! But Chelsielou, Brian and I had a great time.


Chelsie and Brian had never been to the Ride-In before, and Brian is relatively new to the area, so it was fun to introduce them to the experience. For a first time being there, this weekend was an impressive one. I heard many people remark that they had never seen so many bikes there.


The hit of the day seemed to be this Harley with the controls moved to the sidecar. The owner is wheelchair-bound, but couldn't give up riding. It must look insane to see this coming down the street with nobody riding the motorcycle.


This gold Aero 125 seemed in mint condition. I knew I would have to post it because some loyal collectors drool over this example of 80's design, especially in this color.


They funniest thing was when we circled back to our scoots and found a circle of admirers aound them! Amongst all those big bikes! After a lot of questions, one woman squealed, "I want to get a scooter!" Perhaps it was Chelsielou's pink ensemble, down to the matching water bottle, that clinched it.

1 comment:

Doug Just Doug said...

Good to have seen ya there. I had a heckuva time getting out of the upper lot it was so packed. BTW, there's a pic of a certain blue scooter on my site now.


Scooter-Relief.org