Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Such A Small World

Remember this entry? Well, near the end, there is a mention of a yellow Kawasaki. There wasn't a picture of it because I thought it wouldn't be as interesting to others as it was to me. But it made an impression on me because I was re-evaluating what I wanted in a motorcycle at the time. And what I wanted was everything that bike represented: a sport tourer. Something that was comfortable for more than 50 miles. The kind of bike that you could ride to another state for the day just because. GPS and storage. I was already thinking about the Versys, because I remember talking to a Triumph Tiger owner about it that day. But that yellow bike...

Today I was looking for information about when those Ephrata First Sunday Rallys start back up (March 2!), and I stumbled upon a motorcycle blog. It was also on blogger, and the guy knew all about rallys in my area, even though he's from Delaware. He's a sport tourer, and I'm trying to get into sport touring, so I made a note to check out more of his entries. His site is called Tilted Horizons (great name!).

And then I saw the entry about his own bike:


Well, well, well. What do you know. Small world.

1 comment:

Doug Just Doug said...

Hey there Gerry: It was nice to meet you at the Ephrata Rally yesterday. I'm sure I'll run into you (not literally one hopes) there, and perhaps at some other, and warmer, events.


Scooter-Relief.org