Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Not By Scooter Alone...

My lack of updates over the last week was due to my wrestling with a decision. I was buying a new motorcycle. There are some trips that a 50cc scooter can't make. I traded in my Suzuki Boulevard S40 (great bike, but small for my 34" inseam) for a Kawasaki Versys.



This will be a lot more comfortable on those 50+ miles trips. As this site is more about scooters, I won't go on and on about how long I have been lusting after this bike and how great it is.

I will instead tell you that just before buying this, I went downtown for coffee and a muffin at Muffin Street on Orange Street. I was riding the Suzuki motorcycle and was frustrated with finding a place to park it. I guess the scooter has spoiled me. I normally park the scooter up along the Central Market building. I couldn't have gotten away with that with a motorcycle. And the cagers (automobile drivers) had over-parked that stretch (I would have ticketed 2 of them). Or I could have used the free scooter parking in the Prince Street garage. It seemed stupid to have to rent a whole space in a lot or a garage. So I parked about a block away in a legal but little-known free spot I keep in mind for just such occasion (no, I'm not going to share). My point is, at that moment, I really wished I had had my scooter instead.

Scooter-Relief.org