Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Mid-Atlantic Cycle Show

I went to the Mid-Atlantic Cycle Show in Timonium I talked about in the previous post. There were some celebrities there. Chica, the Japanese builder of american style choppers was there showing some of his bikes (That's the man himself in the background).

Michele Smith of American Thunder was at this show also. (My camera battery was charged this time!)

It was primarily a Harley and custom bike show. If you like choppers or needed a new pair of leather chaps, this is was the show for you. Since I was looking for accessories for my new Versys, I was out of luck. I didn't actually expect to find any, as the bike is a new model, but there weren't really even any sport bike accessories. And very few scooters.

There were some antique bikes there, incuding some that were from my own lifetime. It was cool to see the old bikes, but I'm not sure how I feel about Bikes from the year I graduated high school needing to be restored and shown.

There were a lot of really long custom choppers. I used to watch American Chopper on the Discovery Channel. But now that I actually ride, all I can think of when I see them is, "I would hate to have to turn that around in town". They probably handle like buses, but I like looking at the decorations.


No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org