Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Downtown


It's Christmas time, and tonight the Mayor lit the Christmas Tree in Penn Square. It was also First Friday, which means stores and gallerys downtown were open late. Even Central Market was open. So I had a chai latte and did some shopping.

And yes, I rode my scooter. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the free parking! Queen Street was closed between Vine and Orange, which had traffic snarled. If more people had been driving scooters, congestion would not have been so bad!

But I can't blame them. There was a little ice and snow on the ground. The streets were wet. It turned out that it wasn't much trouble for the fat tires of a C3. It was cold. Not much wind, but the few blocks I could get up to 35mph were a little biting. I wore my half-helmet with the face shield so that I could stash it under the seat while parked. It was only my chin and ears that were exposed. Otherwise there was no problem.

Monday it's supposed to get back up the the upper 40's. If the forecast holds, I'll ride to work. My goal is to commute on the scooter at least once every month throught the winter.

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org