Saturday, June 14, 2008

Question: Planning a trip...

Somebody asked about a tool to use to plan a 50cc-friendly route for a multi-State trip. Here is my how I responded:

Spend some time playing with Mapquest. When getting driving directions, there are controls on the right that you can click to avoid highways and toll roads. Unfortunately, I don't know of a tool that will plan a route on roads 40mph or under. I have access to some Mapquest-like data through my job, and everything I've looked at is not attributed finely enough to make that possible. Somebody would have note everywhere the speed limits change. And as far as I can tell, nobody has gone to that detail yet.

Also, search scooterfix.com (formerly girlbike.com). The writer of that site rode from Maryland to Vermont on a 150cc scooter.

Dear readers, if you know of such a tool, let me know.

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org