Sunday, August 12, 2007

TMISC Meltdown 2007


Every once in a while you need to venture outside the county. Saturday I took a field trip to Mechanicsburg to attend the Three Mile Island Scooter Club's Meltdown 2007 rally. There was a wonderful array of scooters there from Helixes and Burgmans, to vintage Vespas and Lambrettas. It was inspiring, and made me want to start a collection. Registration included free food, beer, music and a swag bag.
I also stopped in at the local Vespa dealer. I looked at their 250's. I can definitely see one in my future. My current scooter, frustratingly, is in the shop with a mysterious intermittant problem. For a new scooter, it has been unavailable for WAY too long. That, along with my desire to get something more powerful, has me drooling over a Vespa GTS or GTV. It burned me everytime I got back in my car that day. I can feel why bikers call cars "cages".

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org