Monday, June 22, 2009

Ruckus Café Racer

It figures that when I'm out without my good camera I would run into this. A Honda Ruckus doing its best imitation of a café racer. At a café, no less. Cell phone photos will have to suffice.


This pair of scoots belongs to Ryan and Lauren, whom I met at Marion Court. Ryan says that bought this 50cc Honda Ruckus new in November, and has put a lot of work and many miles on it since.


Why do I call it a café racer? Well, the handlebars are upside down in a clubman style. It appears stripped down (although a Ruckus is pretty bare to start; he probably added more parts than he took off). And the bar-end mirror. The only things forgivably out of place are the highway pegs. Let's face it: the Ruckus is too small for a traditional café racer riding position. Scooters are cruisers, and these pegs are a nod to that, as well as they get the feet out away from the guage on the floorboard. (Don't forget to click on the pictures to expand them.)


Ryan said that he and his friends all bought scooters around the same time. Four or five Ruckuses (Ruckii?). He said they have a lot of fun riding them around the City. I agree: riding a small cc scoot in Lancaster is a blast. But something tells me that Ryan is having more fun than usual.


2 comments:

Steve Williams said...

I really like the looks of the Ruckus. My wife wants one for her first scooter so the Vespa may soon have a companion. I'm hoping she doesn't go down the Cafe Racer road though. I won't be able to keep up with her once she gets to a naked Ducati...

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Doug Just Doug said...

That must be the one I saw at the Ephrata ride-in yesterday. Very cool.


Scooter-Relief.org