Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vespa Lebanon

I was up at the Vespa Dealer in Lebanon yesterday. Their spring inventory is coming in, and it is plentiful. The first time I was there, they had about 7 scooters. Yesterday, it looked like they had a choice of colors in every model. They have expanded past their little showroom and actually keep most of the models in the back.

One of the salesmen told me that they are in the process of trying to turn the rear parking lot into a rider training course where they will offer a class specificly for scooters! If they can create a Motorcycle Safety Program (MSP) for scooter riders where you get your license at the end... well, I don't know of anywhere elese in PA where you could do that. That would be a great thing for increasing scooter ridership in the area.

While I was there, I test rode a Vespa S150. It was obviously a lot peppier than my 50cc C3, and much taller. It jumped off the line as quickly as you'd like and accelerated with traffic up to 40MPH. Once it hit 40, it started to lag a bit. Its top speed is listed at around 70, but it's going to take a while to get there. It is still not something I'd take on the highway (well, maybe for one exit...). If I were to get one, I'd want orange. Ironicly, after riding all the way up to Lebanon they told me that their orange one is currently on display at the Park City Mall, in Lancaster, only a couple miles from my house. Doh!

.

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org