Thursday, July 31, 2008

Prince Street Parking Reminder

I've written about this before, but every time I talk to the City or the Parking Authority they like to remind me... so I'm passing it on: there is free scooter parking in the Prince Street Garage. Actually, it's not in the garage, it's around the base of the helix ramp at Prince and Orange Streets. It is under architectural cover, so you'll even be out of the rain if a stray shower pops up. I've waited out a rain there myself. A coffee from Muffin Street gives you something to pass the time with.


You'll want to register with the Parking Authority and get a sticker before you plan to use this free parking. You can do that in the same place: the office is just behind the helix on Prince Street. Open 8-5 weekdays, so maybe you can get there on your lunch hour. (Hey, LPA, that's really inconvenient... do we really need to register for free parking?) The sticker is on a placard, so you don't even have to put it on your scooter. Make your cage-driving friends jealous this First Friday when you can just zip into town and not have to hunt (or pay) for parking!


And speaking of that concrete helix ramp, there is a plan to light it at night with varied colors like the PA College of Art & Design's building. I think that will look cool. That is supposed to be completed by June 2009.

No comments:


Scooter-Relief.org