Thursday, November 6, 2008

A New Start

Factory recalls, mechanic mistakes, presidential elections... the last month has been crazy. Thank goodness that's over. Or is it?


Last night I took the motorcycle in for regularly scheduled service, actually a glorified oil change, and my sister was supposed to pick me up. But when she got there, her car was heavily leaking coolant. So we had to call for a tow, and now she has my car. I'm down to the last vehicle in the garage. The scooter saves the day.


And here's an endorsement for AAA Plus RV membership: if you need a tow, the Plus is worth it. I have the Plus RV because it covers motorcycles and scooters. My sister just has the regular membership, and it was going to cost extra for every mile over the first five. Once the tow truck arrived, we asked if me, as the passenger, having a Plus membership changed anything. Boy, did it. From that point on, nothing was too much trouble. Want the car towed to a garage near your house? No problem. Want dropped off somewhere along the way? Sure. "I'm on a Plus membership now. I don't mind.", said the driver. This kind off thing is like insurance. You hope you never use it, and you resent paying it when you don't. But if you need it, you won't regret having the best.


I know I've been a bad blogger. But I'm riding the scooter to work today for the first time in over a month. Perhaps it will rekindle my enthusiasm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I love my AAA Plus. It has saved my ass a few times. I would not leave home without it. Great gift for those hard to buy for people. It is well worth the price.

Scootin' Fool said...

Glad to hear you're still alive. I was beginning to worry about you.

Sucks about the bike and the car though. At least you have the scoot to fall back on.


Scooter-Relief.org